WORK WITH US!
Be part of an award-winning studio whose passion for visual polish and code quality is second to none. Get involved in all aspects of our game development process and be a big cog in a small machine.
HOW WE HIRE
Our first step is reviewing your CV or portfolio. Following that, we may offer a telephone interview or invite you into the studio (sometimes both) so we can get to know you better.
- Compensation - Competitive salary, Bonus Scheme, Pension Scheme
- Health - Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision tests, Cash Plan, Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, flu jabs
- Wellness - Gym discounts, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Program
- Work Life Balance - 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), work from home opportunities and flexible working hours, enhanced Maternity pay
- Studio Environment - Creative game studio environment, snacks, fruit, a well stocked kitchen and beer fridge, darts boards, table tennis table, pool table and consoles
- Technology - The latest technology including VR headsets for all employees to enhance remote collaboration and fun
- Saving you money - Season ticket loan, Techscheme
- Culture - Fun, inclusive and autonomous culture with a busy calendar of social events
Our studio is in the heart of London’s thriving tech and creative community. Shoreditch is renowned for its coffee shops, craft beers, lively nightlife and street art. It’s pretty great.
You will be someone with proven success in designing and developing robust Unity game code on several games, over several years. Your work will include:
- Implementing new game features and services in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of other developers, artists and game designers.
- Improving existing game features based on design requests and player feedback.
- Taking part in technical discussions to identify and solve technical issues, including
- performance, memory usage, and cross-platform issues.
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
We’re looking for a sociable, hard-working person who is just as passionate about creating amazing games as we are. To be successful in this role you should meet the following criteria:
- 3+ years of experience
- Strong Unity knowledge (both editor and scripting)
- Strong knowledge of C# and .NET
- Experience working with F2P mobile games
- An understanding of design patterns and game design principles
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
- Highly responsible, self-motivated and a team player
- Analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (AWS or Azure considered)
- Experience with Kubernetes (ideally Google Kubernetes Engine)
- Knowledge of CI / CD systems
- Experience with math and physics
- A relevant degree is desirable
- Start date ASAP
- Salary DOE
We're always open to hear from applicants who think they've got what it takes to shine at Yakuto, so if you think you're made of that special something but don't see a suitable opening above, give us a holler via email.